Building Circuits

By the mid-1990s, I had already developed my own philosophy about electronic circuits, and I decided it was time to share it with my colleagues. In the spring of 1997, I presented a series of three papers at the XXXII Scientific Conference on Communication, Electronic and Computer Systems at the Technical University of Sofia. The first of these was devoted to my heuristic course on analog circuits, in which I had implemented my circuit philosophy. There I shared my idea of building circuits for the purposes of understanding, presenting and inventing  circuits. In this post, I will tell you about this venture of mine.

The Idea

The idea of ​​the building approach is to use the elementary electrical devices as a kind of "cubes" to "build" the more complex electronic devices.

Examples

  • We can "assemble" a ''parallel voltage summer'' from the elementary electrical ''voltage-to-current converters'', ''current summer'' and ''current-to-voltage converter''. Later we can add an operational amplifier to it and get an ''almost ideal voltage summer''.
  • We can build a ''voltage integrator'' from elementary electrical voltage-current converters and a current-voltage integrator.
  • Also, we can build a ''voltage differentiator'' from a ''voltage-to-current differentiator'' and a ''current-to-voltage converter''.

Then, we can then enhance the passive circuits above using an operational amplifier. So, we can consider electronic devices as improved electrical analog devices.

Web resources

Building Circuits to show the circuit evolution in circuits (Circuit Idea wikibook)

Comments